ciscocosta said: Could you give us a preview of what you most want to learn from The World of Ice and Fire next week? Any particular reign, any particular issue, region, ethnicity, political dynamic, whatever?
- definitely the Targs during the “30 years of strife,” and especially Aegon V, since that’s changed so dramatically from what we learned originally.
- I’d like to know more about how developed the Blackfyre state was during the first rebellion.
- I’d like to know more about Jaehaerys I, and Aegon IV’s younger years.
- I feel like we know almost nothing about the Gardener Kings, and would love to know more about them.
- the legal status of the peasantry (serfs? free peasants? semi-free?) in Westeros. Guilds. Are there artisans’ guilds? How do they function? What’s their legal status? Cities. Are there city governments? Charters? Who has them and what do they look like?
- the nature of the justice system (how does the King’s Justice intersect with the right of pit and cellar? how are contracts enforced?)
- the structure and extent of royal bureaucracy, and of long-standing Houses. A lot of houses have been around for thousands of years, often as independent kings - did they develop court systems? schools and hospitals? regulations on grain? Etc.
- Free Cities, absolutely, especially Myr and Tyrosh. Need to know more about the politics than my guesses.
- I’d love to know more about the people of Yi Ti and Asshai.
- I’d like to know more about the Citadel and the Faith. How did they coexist? How was the former structured back when it had real political power?
- What were the Great Councils like?